-->

Automatic Slideshow


A Love Like Ours






Valentine's Day 2019
Ibnu H.
18° 24 23 N, 66° 3 50 W

Hi Love,

There are days when I just couldn't believe how happy I am to have you in my life. You somehow bring sunshine into it. But ironically, you came in like a storm. Just the bubbly guy around the corner who keeps flashing his smile at me while uttering - nay, almost shouting my name. Weirdly, you captured my attention and I couldn't get enough of you after that all-nighter along the tiny hallway of the cabin deck.

I am never the one to write love letters to people, but I want to show you how much you mean to me even from miles away. I want you to know that you were the first guy to ever make me feel truly loved. I know first loves aren't supposed to last, and people say that they're supposed to be a 'trial run' for the real one. But I didn't wait 26 years to have a boyfriend just to have a 'trial run'. Least to say, I am hoping for the best and hoping that I will not be proven wrong.

When I was younger, I have always dreamed of a love like ours. It feels surreal now that I actually have you. A love that is pure and innocent, patient and kind. One that easily forgives and understands.

I appreciate you for being the gentleman that you always are, for the caring thoughts you willingly give, and for all the things you simply are. I love you. I don't know how many more times I'll say it in this lifetime, but I'll say it as long as you would have me and I will never get tired saying it.
Know that whatever happens, I will always remember us this way - your bright smile beaming while you look deeply at me and the whole world fading away.

Almon

243 days (and still counting) since 06.16.18
9,240 miles away from each other; and
(+-)24 hour time difference