-->

Automatic Slideshow


Just A Dream

-Fiction-

"Sit here, beside me" he said, as he swished his massive arms pointing to the seat nearest to him. It has been years since we last gathered as friends. He'd always skip these gatherings and not show up since the day we broke up. But today, I guess something changed his mind.
I took my seat and tried not to face his direction. Suddenly I heard his angelic deep voice whispering inches away from the tip of my left ear. "Mmm..." he sighed with sincere eagerness as he circled his arms around my waist, clutching my body with much gusto. I was shocked and amused by his action, he was never like this to me. I felt my heart pound like a drum being smashed very loud and my body felt numb, 'could this be true? Is he really holding me?' I whispered in my mind struggling to find words to say.
Everyone in the room looks pretty okay with what was happening, did I miss something? Could this be real? Did my brain lost it's memory and now everything seems senseless and confusing to me?
Then he stood and asked my hand by offering his, nodding like "everything's okay, trust me". He walked smiling and excited almost running towards the gazebo with flowers blossoming around it and a pond nearby. He placed my arms around his neck and put his hands on my waist, the next thing I knew is that we are dancing around and a song is gently serenading us with a charming tone.
I was almost leaning on his shoulders, I closed my eyes and after a while I started to see stars, perfectly shaped like the shape of a star a kid knows. It was so familiar, like the ones I have glued at the ceiling of my room. I came to my senses and it dawned on me that it was only just a dream.